top of page
  • Writer's pictureLauren McDougall

Accessing Exercise Physiology

Exercise Physiologists can provide general or rehabilitative services to anyone, and you do not need to have a referral to see an Exercise Physiologist.

Accessing an Exercise Physiologist is the same for children, and young people, as it is for adults.

Medicare Rebate

While you do not need a referral, if you do have a referral from your GP/Doctor for a chronic disease management plan, you can receive a Medicare rebate for a maximum of 5 sessions per year.


Private Health

You may be able to claim some sessions through private health (we recommend you check with your private health service that Exercise Physiology services are included under your current cover).



Exercise Physiology services may also be accessed if you have a plan through the National Disability Insurance Agency. Exercise Physiology can be accessed through Capacity Building – Improved Health and Wellbeing, as well as Capacity Building – Improved Daily Living Skills. There are group and 1:1 funding options.

Exercise Physiology can also be accessed within the NDIS through Early Childhood Intervention.


If you’d like to discuss your options, or funding eligibility, please contact our team!


Phone) 0431 048 684

Address) 307 Payneham Road, Royston Park SA 5070


Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page